Recipe by mitziadelle
DELICIOUS! even my 14 year old boys and their friends LOVED this dish!! Will make this over and over again - so easy.
- 18 ounces fresh broccoli florets (Dole)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 16 ounces frozen southern style hash brown potatoes (cubes, not shredded)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee carrots, celery, onion, and garlic in skillet with butter.
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT FOR cornstarch, 2 tbsp cold water, and cheddar cheese into crock pot and stir well.
- Cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours.
- Mix corn starch into cold water, and stir into chowder.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until completely melted.
- Cover and cook on low another 30 minutes.