Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Wouldn't this look perfect as a Valentine's dessert? Sounds tasty, too!
- 3 (3 ounce) packages black cherry Jell-O
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 (6 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 15 pears, pared and cored
- In crock pot, combine Jell-o and boiling water; stir in cranberry juice cocktail, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add pears, turning in syrup to coat all sides.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Turn pears once while cooking.
- Best served warm with ice cream, but can also be served chilled with the syrup.
I like the idea, but not the artificial flavors and colors in Jello. Might be decent using beet juice for color, and a different sweetener. I'll try a more natural version on my own. Cute idea though.
Family really liked it, the color was BEAUTIFUL!!! Thinking of trying different flavors and colors. Thank you for posting-will definately make again!