Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
I have a toddler who wakes at the crack of dawn, and so does my husband. Most days he leaves without eating, im trying to come up with easy breakfast ideas that are filling that I can make in advanced. I just love my crock pot! Im doing this recipe for my Husbands serving size, plus my own. Adjust the seasonings any way you like. There is room to add your own ingredients as well.
- 10 -12 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped cooked and drained or 1⁄2 lb cooked ham, cubed
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1 dash salt and pepper (more or less depending on your tastes)
- 1 dash parsley
- 1 dash celery salt (more or less depending on your tastes)
- Grease or spray bottom and sides of crock pot. I like to use Crisco.
- Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Then a layer of bacon then onions, green pepper and cheese.
- Repeat the layering process one or two more times, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk and salt and pepper together.
- Pour over the Crockpot mixture.
- cover and turn on low. Cook for 9 hours.
- * Note: some crock pots do cook faster then others, so be sure to check if its done. If you add more ingredients add more time. New crock pots cook a bit faster. Mine is a year old, without every day use.