Recipe by JenniferK2
I came up with this by combining other recipes. We keep a small slow cooker in our camper and I often make this when we go camping. I just throw everything together before we go to sleep and it's ready for us in the morning.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and every easy to make. I use my crock pot a lot but have never made breakfast in it so this was a first and certainly not the last :) I followed the recipe as written except I used o'brien potatoes so I didn't add the onion and bell pepper.
- 16 ounces hash browns, frozen
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 medium bell pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a layer of frozen hash browns on the bottom of the crock pot, followed by a layer of bacon, then onions, bell pepper and cheese.
- Repeat the layering process two more times, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.
- Pour over the crock pot mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. Note based on harsh review: If you know your slow cooker runs hot, reduce the time accordingly. I have made this many times at the stated time with great results - best between 8-9 hours, well done at 10, but not burnt.