Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Load up the crock pot the night before and wake up to an easy breakfast.
- 12 eggs
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb bacon, cut into small pieces -cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3⁄4 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- Layer the ingredients in your crock pot in this order-.
- 1/2 of the potatoes- on the bottom.
- 1/2 of the bacon.
- 1/2 of the onions.
- 1/2 of the cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper together. Pour this over the whole mixture. Cook on low for ten to twelve hours.
I make this all the time using well drained sausage and have learned to set the crock pot on WARM setting,,,,not low. That way it cooks perfectly overnight with no burning. Try it and you will see! My family loves it!
After reading all reviews about this burning/drying out on the low setting I made this and turned my crockpot to the "warm" setting. It turned out perfect after 8 hours (over night). Next time I will brown the potatos before placing them in the crockpot.
I halved the recipe and it was dried out after 3 1/2 hours on low in the crock pot. I see potential in this dish, it could use some salsa. I didn't like the texture of the potatoes in the crock pot. Maybe if there was less potatoes and more eggs it would have been more to my liking. I love this idea.