Recipe by Reggie's Mom
I love stuffing and have always been disappointed that there is just never enough of it. This makes a large quantity and tastes delicious. Handy too because you can serve it right from the crock pot insert. You could also add mushrooms or apples to this recipe.
Top Review by barbpaul
Made this for thanksgiving since we smoked a turkey. It was great. I used turkey sausage. Even my dad liked it. And he does not like anything. Will definitely make again when we smoke our turkey.
- 1 loaf bread
- poultry seasoning
- garlic powder
- 1 medium onion
- 2 celery ribs, including leafy part
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl put 1 loaf bread broken up and dried overnight. Season crumbs with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning & garlic powder.
- In pan, saute 1 chopped onion, chopped celery and the chopped parsley in the butter.
- In another pan brown & break up the bulk sausage.
- Pour the sauteed vegetables and sausage over the bread crumbs. Moisten with the chicken broth.
- Place in slow cooker on low for about 3 hours. (Time may vary depending on your crock pot.) I recommend giving it a stir and checking to see if it is getting too dry around the edges from time to time. You can always add a little more broth to suit your taste.