Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Nothing could be simpler than this delicious recipe for an old family favorite. Use leftover raisin bread for a more fulsome version. Serve hot or cold, depending on your preference.
Lightly greased slow cooker stoneware
- 354.88 ml packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla or 44.37 ml dark rum or 44.37 ml whiskey
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml freshly grated nutmeg
- 591.47 ml milk
- 6 slice white bread, cut into 1-inch squares
- In a bowl, beat sugar and butter until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated. Add vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and beat until blended. Stir in milk.
- In prepared slow cooker stoneware, place bread. Add milk mixture and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Serves 6.
- Delicious & Dependable Slow Cooker Recipes.Created for Canada’s kitchens.
My BF loves bread pudding so I suprised him. He loved it! He said that it was better than our local restaurant's...YEAH!!! I agree that it only needs 3 1/2 hours cooking time. Thank you so much for this super easy pleaser!
Great go-to recipe when you want something yummy and simple. Note on the times...crockpot heat setting vary GREATLY. Some brand's "low" is the same as other brand's "high".
This was a pretty good bread pudding, but the times were off, I think (others have said that it took them fewer hours in their crockpots, too). Mine actually burned a bit, as I left it in the crockpot while I went to the store and when I got back (by which time it had only been on for three hours) the bottom was burned. This took away from the taste, of course. I'm not sure if this was the only thing that made it "off" taste-wise, but it was not among the best bread puddings I've had/made. I did enjoy the ease of making it in the crock pot, but the technique needs some work. Thanks for posting!