Recipe by Olha
Nothing could be simpler than this delicious recipe for an old family favorite. Use leftover raisin bread for a more fulsome version. Serve hot or cold, depending on your preference.
Top Review by mydesigirl
My BF loves bread pudding so I suprised him. He loved it! He said that it was better than our local restaurant's...YEAH!!! I agree that it only needs 3 1/2 hours cooking time. Thank you so much for this super easy pleaser!
Lightly greased slow cooker stoneware
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 3 tablespoons dark rum or 3 tablespoons whiskey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 6 slices white bread, cut into 1-inch squares
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat sugar and butter until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated. Add vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and beat until blended. Stir in milk.
- In prepared slow cooker stoneware, place bread. Add milk mixture and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Serves 6.
- Delicious & Dependable Slow Cooker Recipes.Created for Canada’s kitchens.