5 hrs 10 mins
I have never liked bread pudding, but I thought I'd try this one, I made it for my dad when he came over and it was a hit! I got the recipe from The Fix It And Forget It Cookbook. It's super easy, and super tasty!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices day old bread, cubed (raisin bread is especially good)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup raisins (use only 1/4 cup if using raisin bread)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Place bread cubes in greased slow cooker.
- 2Beat together eggs and milk.
- 3Stir in sugar, butter, raisins, and cinnamon.
- 4Pour over bread and stir.
- 5Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- 6Reduce heat to low and cook 3-4 hours, or until thermometer reaches 160°.
- 7Make sauce just before pudding is done baking.
- 8Begin by melting butter in saucepan.
- 9Stir in flour until smooth.
- 10Gradually add water, sugar, and vanilla.
- 11Bring to boil.
- 12Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- 13Serve sauce over warm bread pudding.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.5
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 182.9 mg
- Sodium 397.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 42.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g