Recipe by crazycookinmama
I have never liked bread pudding, but I thought I'd try this one, I made it for my dad when he came over and it was a hit! I got the recipe from The Fix It And Forget It Cookbook. It's super easy, and super tasty!!!
Top Review by meenac1
Super easy and delicious! I didn't have any raisins, so I substituted with apples. The apples and cinnamon went really well. I can't wait to try it again with raisin bread. Thank you for this easy recipe!
- 8 slices day old bread, cubed (raisin bread is especially good)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (use only 1/4 cup if using raisin bread)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread cubes in greased slow cooker.
- Beat together eggs and milk.
- Stir in sugar, butter, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Pour over bread and stir.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 3-4 hours, or until thermometer reaches 160°.
- Make sauce just before pudding is done baking.
- Begin by melting butter in saucepan.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add water, sugar, and vanilla.
- Bring to boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve sauce over warm bread pudding.