6 hrs 15 mins
Fabulous no fuss bread pudding!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups plain breadcrumbs (or more to make mixture as thick as cooked oatmeal when mixed with all ingredients)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 banana, mashed or sliced (optional)
- 1Mix all ingredients together until bread crumbs are thoroughly wet, and mixture is smooth like thick oatmeal.
- 2Place mixture in a WELL greased crock pot.
- 3Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or until a knife stuck in middle of the"pudding" comes out fairly clean.
- 4NOTE: For the last 1/2 hour of cooking, lift the lid a"crack" by putting a spoon or fork between it and the pot, to let the excess moisture escape; otherwise you will have a clear liquid all around the bread pudding.
- 5Bread pudding should rise slightly like a cake while cooking, and be smooth on top.
- 6It should be fairly solid when done, like a very moist chewy brownie, or perhaps like a dense souffle.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.7
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 568.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 12.2 g