Recipe by Tonester
I love the bread pudding from the "County Buffet," and have found this one I have adapted to taste just as yummy!!! If you are in a hurry, than I'm sure this can be baked in the oven, but I have only used it in the crock pot.
- 8 slices raisin bread
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- prepared vanilla pudding
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread cubes in a greased crock pot.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk; stir in sugar, butter and cinnamon. Pour over bread; stir. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to LOW, cook for 3 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Makes about 4 to 6 good sized servings.
- For a sauce to go over the warm pudding, use prepared vanilla pudding thinned down with water or milk to the consistency of your liking like gravy.