Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Another great recipe from Women's Day.
Make and share this Crock Pot Brazilian Saffron Chicken and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt.
- Heat oil in 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until brown on all sides; drain.
- Place chicken in 4 quart slow cooker.
- Top with ham, onion, and bell pepper. Add broth.
- Cover and cook on Low 5 to 6 hours until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove chicken from crock pot. Stir rice mix into mixture in crock pot, add chicken.
- Cover and cook on High about 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- Serve chicken and rice sprinkled with olives.