6 hrs 20 mins
Audrey M's Note:
Another great recipe from Women's Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt.
- 2Heat oil in 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add chicken and cook until brown on all sides; drain.
- 4Place chicken in 4 quart slow cooker.
- 5Top with ham, onion, and bell pepper. Add broth.
- 6Cover and cook on Low 5 to 6 hours until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- 7Remove chicken from crock pot. Stir rice mix into mixture in crock pot, add chicken.
- 8Cover and cook on High about 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- 9Serve chicken and rice sprinkled with olives.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Brazilian Saffron Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 723.6
- Calories from Fat 449
- Total Fat 49.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 236.7 mg
- Sodium 680.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 61.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
yellow rice mix
pimento stuffed olives