Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Recipe I found on the Whole Foods website in the Meals for Under $15 section.
- 1 yellow onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken thighs, bone-in
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces seasoned stuffing mix (365 Organic Everyday Value Stuffing Mix with Cranberries)
- Place onion in a lightly greased 6-quart crock pot/slow cooker and top with carrots.
- Combine broth, wine, garlic and sage and pour over vegetables.
- Generously season chicken thighs with paprika, salt and pepper and arrange on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting 8 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions and serve.
I used this recipe to make a 3 lb bone in turkey breast. I was a little disappointed as I felt the flavor was a little bland. I may have been because the turkey breast didn't sit far enough in the liquid though. So I tried not to hold that against the recipe. It is a great way to cook the breast, I may spend some time playing with the recipe to find a better mixture of spices.