Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can increase the chicken amount and all other ingredients slightly. If you do not want to use wine you can use 1/4 cup more chicken broth (1/2 cup broth). For a browned skin the chicken pieces must sit on top of the veggies. Adjust the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 29.58 ml melted butter (can use less)
- 4 russet potatoes (cut into about 1/3-inch sliced)
- 591.47 ml carrots, peeled and chopped into about 1-1/2-inch pieces (or use baby carrots)
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 9.85 ml seasoning salt, divided (or to taste, or use white salt)
- black pepper
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 14.79 ml minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml dried thyme (or to taste)
- 7.39 ml paprika
- 3 chicken thighs (skin and bone-on)
- 3 chicken legs (skin on)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush the inside of a 6-quart crock pot with melted butter.
- Place the onion slices in the bottom of the crock pot/slow cooker.
- Top with potato slices, carrots and peas.
- In a bowl combine the broth, wine, garlic, 1 teaspoon seasoned or white salt, black pepper and thyme; pour the mixture over the vegetables.
- In a small bowl mix together 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika, 1-2 teaspoons seasoned salt (or to taste) and black pepper to taste; rub on top of the skin on the chicken.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for about 7-8 hours, or until the chicken is tender.