1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Braised Chicken With Vegetables
8 hrs 20 mins
You can increase the chicken amount and all other ingredients slightly. If you do not want to use wine you can use 1/4 cup more chicken broth (1/2 cup broth). For a browned skin the chicken pieces must sit on top of the veggies. Adjust the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper to taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (can use less)
- 4 russet potatoes (cut into about 1/3-inch sliced)
- 2 1/2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped into about 1-1/2-inch pieces (or use baby carrots)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt, divided (or to taste, or use white salt)
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 chicken thighs (skin and bone-on)
- 3 chicken legs (skin on)
- 1Brush the inside of a 6-quart crock pot with melted butter.
- 2Place the onion slices in the bottom of the crock pot/slow cooker.
- 3Top with potato slices, carrots and peas.
- 4In a bowl combine the broth, wine, garlic, 1 teaspoon seasoned or white salt, black pepper and thyme; pour the mixture over the vegetables.
- 5In a small bowl mix together 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika, 1-2 teaspoons seasoned salt (or to taste) and black pepper to taste; rub on top of the skin on the chicken.
- 6Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the vegetables.
- 7Cover and cook on LOW setting for about 7-8 hours, or until the chicken is tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Braised Chicken With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 932.9
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 237.9 mg
- Sodium 477.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 57.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: