1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Bouef Bourguignon
5 hrs 15 mins
Bonnie G #2's Note:
mersaydees has this recipe posted Boeuf Bourguignon and as part of ZWT8 "A French Love Affair Challenge" which required making necessary changes to use a crock pot. It was pretty easy and resulted in a rich, adult flavor that I served over steamed rice with a glass of red wine on the side. Lovely dinner that smelled great while it was cooking..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef chuck, cut into chunks
- 1/4 lb smoked bacon, in one piece and cut into chunks
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 lb carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 bunch spring onions or 1 leek, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 5 tablespoons cognac
- 750 ml red Burgundy wine
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1Sear the bacon and onions in the pan with butter,.
- 2add those to the crockpot with the salt, pepper, garlic and carrots.
- 3Then brown the meat and deglazed it with the cognac.
- 4Placed that in the crock pot with the burgandy wine,
- 5Cover and cooked on low for 5 hours, adding a little more flour at the end to make a thicker gravy.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Bouef Bourguignon
Serving Size: 1 (606 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 982.2
- Calories from Fat 560
- Total Fat 62.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 218.2 mg
- Sodium 944.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 51.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: