3 hrs 25 mins
3 hrs 15 mins
Boston Brown Bread is an tradition - and although this recipe dates from the mid 1800's - with the invention of the crock pot it makes it's even simpler...The original method is to use a trivet in a kettle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease well a 1 pound coffee can - may flour if you wish.
- 2Put enough water in crock pot to come halfway up the can.
- 3In large bowl combine dry ingredients.
- 4Combine molasses and milk then add to dry ingredients.
- 5Stir in raisins, if desired.
- 6Fill coffee cans about 2/3 full - cover with foil secured with rubber band.
- 7Place can on trivet in crock pot, Water should come about 1/2 way up (if you cannot put the lid on the crock pot with a trivet then remove the trivet).
- 8Put lid on crock pot and cook on high for 3 hours.
- 9Remove from crock pot - remove foil cover and place can in 300 degree oven for 10 minutes to "dry".
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Boston Brown Bread
Serving Size: 1 (617 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1098.2
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 2395.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 230.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.0 g
- Sugars 71.2 g
- Protein 24.6 g