Recipe by PugsAndKisses
A recipe I found on the internet, posted by request.
Top Review by rbarrett
Very nice recipe, thanks. I did make some mods: 1. Soak the raw peanuts over night in a large pot with a plate holding the peanuts under unsalted water (they tend to float). 2. I used 1/3 cup salt instead of 1/2 cup (for me 1/2 cup was too salty the first time I did this). 3. I had to cook mine about 14 hrs. on the High setting. Then turn the Crock Pot off before going to bed but let the peanuts sit in the brine until morning. Next day they are perfect. At least 2 days to cook 'em!
- Wash Peanuts until water runs clear.
- Place peanuts in crock pot.
- Add salt and water; stir.
- Cook, covered, on high for 5 to 7 hours.
- Add additional water during cooking, if necessary, to keep peanuts covered.