Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
We always make this when we do our group camping trip. Wonderful served warm topped with whipped cream. Ice cream would probably be good too. I have also made it substituting apple pie filling for the blueberry and using spice cake mix.
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 20 ounces blueberry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup butter, sliced
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Layer crock pot with pineapple, then dry cake mix, then pie filling.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with nuts.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
This tasted good, but it didn't seem to work in the crock pot. After 3 hours, the cake mix still had dry parts, so I gave the pot a stir. That just made it look like mush. Might try mixing the cake with the pineapple if I make it again. Made for PAC Spring 2010.