Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this recipe from a crock pot only web site. It was a big hit with my family.
Make and share this Crock Pot Black Eyed Peas and Okra recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen sliced okra
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Stir well, cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Good basic recipe. I only used three cans of black-eyed peas. I couldn't get another can in the crock pot. I used fresh okra; added a diced jalapeno pepper including seeds and a small piece of ham hock to give this \