8 hrs 10 mins
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This summer, I was given a cookbook called the "125 Best Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes" Now that I HAVE a slow cooker, unearthed from my mothers basement, I can actually try all the great recipes in my new book. A torta is a type of layered casserole, somewhat similar to an enchilada, but with out all the rolling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 cups corn kernels
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- salsa, to serve
- 1In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- 3add garlic, cumin, oregano, cracked pepper and cook for another minute.
- 4Add corn, black beans and tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- 5Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Spoon 1/2 cup of the bean mixture into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- 8Lay 1 tortilla on top of the mixture.
- 9Spread another 1/2 cup of the beans on top of the tortilla.
- 10Repeat until all 8 tortillas are used.
- 11Pour remaining bean mixture over the top of the last tortilla.
- 12Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- 13Spread green chilies over the top of the torta and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- 14Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 15Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Black Bean Torta
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 1071.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 22.0 g