Recipe by janem123
This is adapted from a recipe at www.crock-pot.com. I guestimated the number of servings.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 tall green bell peppers, seeded and cored
- 1 cup reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet, saute onion unti golden. Season with the cayenne pepper, oregano, cumin, and chili powder.
- Transfer sauteed onions to a medium mixing bowl. Mash half of the black beans with the sauteed onions. Mix in the remaining beans.
- Place the bell peppers in the crock and spoon the black bean mixture into the bell peppers.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the filled peppers. Pour the salsa over the cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve each pepper with a dollop of sour cream.