Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Easy soup. Great for when there is cold weather!
Make and share this Crock Pot Black Bean Soup (Low Fat) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb black beans, that have been soaked overnight and drained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 2 quarts chicken stock or 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese (or your favorite crumbly cheese)
- Put all except for cheese into crock.
- Cook on high for 2 hours then on low for 8-10 hours.
- When serving put cheese into bowl first, then soup.
I'm sorry Diggy. When this soup was finished cooking, the beans were all at the bottom and the soupy part was real thin and tasteless. I think of bean soup as being thick and hearty. I pureed some of the soup, but it didn't thicken it up very much. I wonder if there's a mistake in the recipe. I think one quart of broth might result in a thicker, more flavorful soup. What do you think?