I was trying to think of ways to make my OAMC recipes for crock pot use...you know they sell those crock pot box recipes at the grocery now. This is one of the ones I found that work and is simple. There may still be some fiddling but it's pretty good as is. Hope you will give it a try.
- For immediate cooking:.
- Mix corn, beans and 1 cup of salsa together and put in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add the chicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Added 1 more cup of salsa over the top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours Add 8 oz of cream cheese- cubed and stir in until melted.
- For OAMC:.
- You can dump everything into a freezer bag except for the cream cheese and freeze.
- Dump in the crock pot (frozen is ok).
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add cream cheese when you are done.
- Good served over cooked rice and dipped into with tortilla chips.
No complaints here! It was very good. I followed the recipe pretty much exactly *except* I threw in 6 frozen skinless chicken tenders and added a table spoon of minced garlic, a pinch of crushed red pepper and a dusting of cumin along with the salt and pepper. I also added an undrained can of diced tomatoes when I added the cream cheese. I needed it a little thinner since I served it over brown rice. The family still added chips to thiers. Everyone loved it.
I was looking for something different and stumbled on this, didn't sound real exciting but was my type of dish, quick and easy. Threw the stuff into the crock pot, taking a peek at the progress now and then, yipes, didn't look so good. Towards the end stirred in the cream cheese and added a little cheddar too. Still didn't look like much. Poured it over previously cooked basmati rice topped with additional salsa and put in the oven to hold until dinner. WOWSER, talk about comfort food, great taste, Mrs Rascal raved about it. Tis a keeper indeed, thanks Tish.
I love this recipe ...family and freinds are always requesting it. I have served it over curry rice and pigeon pea rice, made into a dip, and made in quesadillas. I do add a larger jar of salsa than it calls for, light cream cheese and two cans of green chilies.