We love this black bean chili.
Make and share this Crock Pot Black Bean Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb dried black beans
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more if you like it hot)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- grated cheese (to garnish)
- sour cream (to garnish)
- Rinse and sort the black beans and put in crock pot and cover with water.
- Cook on low overnight (no presoaking necessary). In the morning drain the cooking water.
- Place beans back in crock pot and add onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, chili powder and cumin.
- Add the remaining ingredients except canned beans and garnishes. Stir well and cook on low all day.
- Stir in canned beans an hour or so before serving.
- Remove bay leaf and serve with garnishes of your choice. (We love ours topped with lots of cheddar cheese).