Recipe by Seasoned Cook
DELICIOUS mainstay on our menu! It makes the BEST GRAVY!!! We have this for dinner quite frequently....good and easy to prepare! All the veggies go in and cook along with the roast. Rice is always served and the roast and veggies are placed on top. UMMMmm!
Top Review by janetl24
I would recommend this recipe, very very good. I also added a half packet of onion soup mix, 1 small can of stewed tomatoes and about a cup of water. Since I had a late start that morning I put the crockpot on high for 2 hours then turned it on low for 4 hrs. The chuck roast was falling apart and the vegetables were cooked just right. I will certainly make this again since it was a hit with my husband who is a meat and potatoes kinds guy.
- 2 lbs chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 potatoes, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut vegetables and place in crock in the following order: carrots, celery, onion and potatoes. Sprinkle with salt.
- Brown roast in vegetable oil and place on top of vegetables in crock pot. (More salt may be sprinkled on roast.).
- In a small bowl mix cream of mushroom soup, ketchup, worcestershire sauce and water. Pour over roast.
- Cover with crock pot lid and cook 1 hour on high and 4 hours on low. Serve over rice.