1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Beer Simmered Sausage or Wursts
4 hrs 10 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
I like to make this ahead, and have it ready for when everyone gathers to watch football. It is very easy for someone to just get one out of the crock pot when they need it. Good for all kinds of sausages and wursts. Goes great with German potato salad or roast corn.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs uncooked sausages or 2 1/2 lbs smoked sausage or 2 1/2 lbs bratwursts or 2 1/2 lbs frankfurters or 2 1/2 lbs bockwurst or 2 1/2 lbs Polish sausage or 2 1/2 lbs mettwurst or 2 1/2 lbs other suitable sausage
- 24 ounces bottled beer (German beer is good)
- 1 -2 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons German mustard or 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 10 -12 peppercorns (or a couple of grinds of black pepper)
- 1 whole dried hot red chili pepper (optional)
- 1Brown sausages in a skillet until they have nice color.
- 2Stir remaining ingredients together in the crock pot.
- 3Add the sausages and stir.
- 4Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or until any uncooked sausages (fresh types) are cooked through.
- 5Set on warm for 1-2 hours during serving, then refrigerate any unused portions.
- 6Serve warm with buns, mustard, cooked onion, and additional horseradish, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Beer Simmered Sausage or Wursts
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 910.5
- Calories from Fat 677
- Total Fat 75.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 204.3 mg
- Sodium 1820.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 43.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: