Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
A nice twist on the traditional beef stroganoff that is basically a one dish meal. A great comfort food too! Prep time does not include the boiling of the noodles.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef cubes or 2 1⁄2 lbs stew meat or 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless chuck roast, cut into cubes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packagesof beef stroganoff seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (6 ounce) packageof fresh sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Place beef, tomatoes, sauce, paste, seasoning and mushrooms in the crock pot; stir to combine.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Add cooked egg noodles to crock pot for the last 20 minutes of cooking; stir in sour cream.
- Or, stir in sour cream and serve over the cooked egg noodles.
This recipe was not good. It was so thick and gloppy with crushed tomatoes and a whole can of tomato paste.....it's a good idea but the consistency of the tomato products are off! I won't be making this again!
This was absolultely discusting. I'm sorry, but it was. My family hated it, and they love stroganoff. We all agreed it didn't taste a thing like stroganoff and was very gross. I will not be making this again.
This was really good! My DH won't eat anything white or cream colored so this was the perfect solution. He never even knew there was sour cream in it. Both my girls liked it too. Thanks for a recipe I will make again. I did add cream of mushroom soup, because none of mine will eat mushrooms.