Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Found on the Web in response to the question, "Can rice be cooked in the crock pot?" I have not (yet) tried this myself.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup long grain rice
- Brown beef in a skillet and drain off fat; place beef in crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot and stir well.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
Wonderful...Easy...Fun..We love it. You can not go wrong..Had a Salad with it. Thank You
Mmmmmnn GOOD! I made this for my hubbie, 3 yr & 15 mo sons when I had to work one evening. I used long grain brown rice, and it came out amazing! My DH couldn't refill bowls fast enough, which doesn't happen often with my sons. Has a dim-sum sticky rice kind of texture. This recipie is now on our favorites rotation.
This was good. I felt though that the cooking time was too long. Mine seemed ready at 4 hours and at 6 hours was quite mushy. I added some peas near the end to give it a little more texture. I also had to add a vegetable stock cube as the flavour was a bit bland. Overall though it was quite nice and makes good leftovers for sandwiches too.