Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Originally from BH&G Hometown Cooking magazine, this is a delicious recipe. Comfort food at it's best!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, cut up
- 2 (3 1/2 g) beef bouillon cubes or 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry red wine
- hot cooked noodles
- Place the beef and onions in a crockpot.
- Add the bouillon cubes or dry soup mix.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- Pour red wine over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 10 to 12 hours (or 5-6 hours on HIGH).
- Serve over hot cooked noodles, if desired.
I cannot tell you how much we are enjoying this dish. It has about an hour to go in the crockpot and the aroma is divine. In fact, the "taste testers" may leave us without dinner. We chose Burgundy for the wine. Thanks.