Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Imagine, a romantic table for two, candlelight and a bottle of Merlot or Beaujolais. Dinner is a medley of roasted red potatoes and onions surrounding a tender cut of round roast (yes, round roast!) This aromatic beef falls apart over a bed of carmalized potatoes and onions!
- 2 -4 lbs roast beef
- 4 medium onions, cut up
- 6 potatoes (red or new)
- 2 (82 g) envelopes onion soup mix (or standard U.S.)
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt & pepper (sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper recommended)
- 3 cups dry red wine (Merlot or Beaujolais recommended)
- Place the beef, potatoes and onions in a crockpot.
- Add the dry soup mix over top.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- Pour red wine over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 10 to 12 hours (or 5-6 hours on HIGH).
This is exceptionally simple to make. Used a merlot for the red wine over a 6 lb sirloin roast. used baby potatoes quartered and instead of onion soup packet, used onion flakes and beef granules. (less sodium) Made for Super Bowl Sunday dinner and everyone raved as they came in the door with "what's for dinner?" Served with cut green beans and cresent rolls, Recipe #136121. A perfect compliment.