This is great comfort food. I serve it over thick egg noodles. Perfect for cold winter nights.
Make and share this Crock Pot Beef With Mushroom and Red Wine Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, well trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby portabella mushrooms (crimini or other mushroom may be used)
- 1 (1 ounce) packagebeefy onion soup mix (one envelope)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups wine, dry and red
- Place beef, onions and mushrooms in a 4 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add dry soup mix. Sprinkle with cornstarch and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour wine over all. Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours or high 5 to 6 hours.
- Stir well before serving.