4 hrs 15 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Hearty and warming for cold days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef round tip steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1Brown beef in a large skillet, cooking for 5 minutes, and seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2Place beef in the bottom of the crock pot.
- 3Cover beef with onions and garlic.
- 4Then add potatoes, carrots, celery, mushrooms, and green beans in layers.
- 5Sprinkle the top with thyme, and season to taste with salt and pepper, and add a bay leaf.
- 6Pour broth and wine over all: DO NOT STIR.
- 7Cover the pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Beef Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (761 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.0
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 2516.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 38.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef round tip steaks