Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Hearty and warming for cold days.
Make and share this Crock Pot Beef Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb beef round tip steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- Brown beef in a large skillet, cooking for 5 minutes, and seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place beef in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Cover beef with onions and garlic.
- Then add potatoes, carrots, celery, mushrooms, and green beans in layers.
- Sprinkle the top with thyme, and season to taste with salt and pepper, and add a bay leaf.
- Pour broth and wine over all: DO NOT STIR.
- Cover the pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.