Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A great soup to come home to.
Make and share this Crock Pot Beef Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless round steak, cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 24 fluid ounces beef broth
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh peas or 1 cup frozen peas
- Place all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
This was just perfect Inez. I put the ingredients in the crock pot in the morning. My mom and I spent the day shopping. We came home to the most amazing aroma and dinner was ready. Doesn't get much better than that. The soup was very well seasoned we thought and wouldn't change a thing. Thanks.
I loved this recipe. The directions were easy to follow. The only change I made was to add 1/2 cup red wine. Served it with tomato bread and side salad.
Wonderful aroma after a day walking thru the backfields collecting xmas boughs. We used Moose meat and our own canned tomatoes. Love those crockpot recipes.