Recipe by Lainey39
This is another delicious soup I like to make in the crock pot.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Several of us cook dinner for the staff and families of the workers for our Wednesday program at church. This week's meal was beef vegetable soup and this soup was a hit! Since we had to make a a large quantity, all I did was cook the meat in the crock pot while I was gone to work and we finished it up on the stove, but it great regardless of the cooking method. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting Lainey. Made for Potluck Tag.
- 1 lb boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 stalks celery, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 small yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green beans
- fresh parsley sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker, combine beef chuck pieces, sliced carrots, sliced celery, cubed potatoes and chopped onion.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Add bay leaf, tomatoes with their juices and broth and brown sugar.
- Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Cover, cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- About 1 hour before soup is done, stir in the peas and green beans.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- To serve, garnish with parsley if desired.