Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This taste like a pot roast with gravy. The gravy is Great!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lbs sirloin tip steaks
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste or 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- buttered noodles
- In a plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup flour with the salt and pepper; toss with beef cubes to coat thoroughly. Place beef cubes in crock pot.
- Place chopped green pepper and sliced mushrooms on top of beef cubes.
- In a large pyrex measuring cup, combine beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste or ketchup. Pour over beef and vegetables; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 7 to 12 hours. ONE hour before serving, turn to HIGH setting. Make a smooth paste of red wine and 3 Tablespoons flour; stir into crock pot, blending well. Cover and cook until thickened.
- Serve over Buttered Noodles.
This was simple to prepare and very tasty. I went with the green onions instead of peppers as that's what I had on hand - I'm sure peppers are just as good. It makes plenty of gravy so instead of buttering the noodles I stirred them into the crock pot just before serving.
I have never made beef tips and it seemed like they would be a good slow cooker recipe. I was not disappointed. This dish was very good. It made a nice gravy WITHOUT using canned cream soup. I would add a little more salt, but I am a salt a holic. There is a little discrepancy in the ingredient list and the directions. The ingredient list calls for green onions, but the directions call for green pepper. I figured you couldn't go wrong with either, so I went for the green peppers. I cooked for a total of 8 hours and that worked well for me.