Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
So Easy! Enjoy these beef tips at the end of a long day while they cook in your crock pot. Great over rice, noodles or potatoes. The gravy is made there for you.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef sirloin, cut in pieces
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Brown beef tips in vegetable oil and place in crock pot. In same saucepan, sautee onions and place on top of beef tips.
- Add mushroom soup, worcestershire sauce and water to same saucepan. Heat and stir to mix. Add to crock pot.
- Turn crock pot to high for 1 hour and turn to low for 4 to 5 hours. Add sour cream during last 15 minutes and stir.
- Note: Cream of mushroom soup will add some salty flavor. At end of cook time do a taste test and if too salty, add about 3-4 tablespoons of water which will dilute saltiness.
Delicious!! The sirloin became very tender in the crockpot. The sauce was perfect. I will definitely make this again. We served with mashed cauliflower for a low-carb healthy sidedish. Next time, I might try skipping the initial browning of the meat. It adds extra time, extra dishes and I don't think it is really necessary. After the meat has been in the crock pot for a few hours, no one will know or care if they were first browned.
Wonderful easy recipe! After browning the tips and sauteing the onions, I mixed the other ingredients in the pan so I could incorporate all the browned bits. Yummy! The only thing I would do differently is reduce the amount of Worcestershire sauce by at least half. It was a bit over powering for me. However, this is easily adjusted! Thanks Seasoned Cook!
This is a great easy recipe. Only think I changed was after browning the beef, I added a tablespoon of flour to soak up the liquid in the pan and coat the beef. I added 1/2 cup more water as using the flour really thickened it up. So yummy