Recipe by Nasseh
This recipe is so simple & delicious.
Top Review by hnealon
I already reviewed this but it's not showing, so I'm trying again. We really liked this recipe. I've prepared it twice now and the only thing I did differently is that I pureed the pineapple because my husband doesn't like its texture. One comment on the directions though: where it says to "melt" the sugar, it should say "dissolve." No heat is being applied and the sugar is simply dissolving into the liquid, not melting.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean beef, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, do not drain
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- white rice or brown rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the pineapple with juice, water, soy sauce, sugar, & spices to a crock-pot.
- Stir to melt the sugar then add in the beef cubes. Cover with a lid then cook on high for 4 hours.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 tbsp of warm water then stir into the sauce. Recover & cook for another 20-30 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice.