Recipe by FLUFFSTER
I love that this recipe calls for the corn muffin mix so that you don't have to wrestle around trying to find your cornbread recipe. Where the recipe calls for enchilada sauce, feel free to use your own or your favorite.
Top Review by bcayer9
I made this for my coworkers, and they raved about it. It easily is my favorite mexican dish. The taste is amazing, and I eat with tortilla chips- with a hint of lime- along with the salsa for a heavenly end!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce (canned or fresh)
- 1 (6 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk (for muffin mix)
- 2 tablespoons oil (for muffin mix)
- 1 egg (for muffin mix)
- 1 cup colby cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup your favorite salsa
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-stick skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is cooked.
- Drain thoroughly and stir in the drained kidney beans and enchilada sauce.
- Pour into a 4-5 quart crock pot.
- In a large bowl, mix together corn muffin mix, milk, oil and egg just until combined.
- Next, add cheese and chiles, including the liquid from the chile can.
- Spoon over beef in crock pot.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the corn bread mixture comes out clean. In small bowl combine sour cream, salsa and cilantro; serve with pie.