Top Review by GetU4ThatCoconut
This was a good recipe... although be warned, I cooked it for about 8 1/2 - 9 hours, and the beef basically disintegrated into little itty bitty shreds (cooked TOO long). I used double the mushrooms because DH and I both LOVE them, and only quartered them instead of slicing... put in more pepper than called for, some minced garlic along with some garlic powder, and a good splash of soy sauce in with the beef broth... served over egg noodles and was very tasty... I will reduce the cooking time next time, but all in all this is def. a keeper recipe! Thanks :)
- 3 lbs beef round steak, 1/2
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, sliced, drained or 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim all excess fat from steak and cut meat into 3" strips about 1/2" wide.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard; toss with the steak strips to coat thoroughly.
- Place coated strips in crock pot; stir in onion rings and mushrooms.
- Add beef broth and the wine or water; stir well.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
- Before serving, combine sour cream with 1/4 cup flour; stir into crock pot. Serve over hot buttered noodles or fluffy rice. 8 servings (approx 3 quarts).