Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I got this recipe from one of my bosses and she got it out of a crock pot recipe book. This is so easy and tastes fantastic! I have served this for friends and relatives alike and am always asked for the recipe.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Place all ingredients except sour cream and cream cheese in the crock pot.
- Cook on low heat for 7 to 8 hours.
- Before serving stir sour cream and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add sour cream mixture to the beef mixture and fold until well incorporated.
- Serve over cooked noodles, potatoes or fresh bread.
- (My crock pot gets very hot. Mine is done in about 6 hours. This recipe calls for stew meat but I usually use a roast and cut into cubes.).
My DD made this for dinner on Mother's Day and served with noodles and oven roasted broccoli. Excellent. The only thing we would change is to thicken the gravy before serving. Hers was done earlier than the 7 - 8 hours as well.
the recipe was easy and used stuff i had at home. i used baby bella recipe and low fat sour cream and low fat cream cheese. i will make this again and put it in the cookbook i am creating for my grandchildren on the zaar, of course.