Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
The best part about this to me is the flavor added by the sautéed mushrooms.
Make and share this Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean stewing beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- If desired, brown stew meat. I usually don't do this because I think the meat comes out tougher.
- Place meat in bottom of crock pot and pour both cans of soup on top.
- Add onion powder and salt and pepper to taste. I like a lot of pepper in this recipe.
- Cook on low for six hours or longer, until meat is tender.
- A few minutes before you are ready to serve, sauté sliced mushrooms in butter and olive oil and stir into crock pot along with the sour cream.
- Serve over egg noodles, rice, toast or mashed potatoes.