Recipe by daisygrl64
Throw it in the Crock-Pot and come home to a delicious meal. Bring out the crusty bread for this stew.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, sliced thick
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- coat crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- place all ingredients (except water and cornstarch) in crock pot.
- mix well.
- cook on low 7 to 8 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours.
- 15 minutes before serving, mix water and cornstarch.
- pour into crock pot.
- cover and cook until broth thickens.