Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a very easy crock pot recipe that makes it's own gravy. Be sure you don't stir it until the end.
- 2 cups sliced carrots (or baby carrots)
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (DO NOT DRAIN)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 2 lbs lean stewing beef
- Place all ingredients in crock pot in the above order, starting with carrots and ending with the beef on top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Do not stir until 1/2 hour before serving.
I love the ingredients in this recipe. i look forward to preparing this recipe. Very low in sodium for me. Thanks for this recipe!!
Good and easy! I added a can (from the tomatoes) of water to the crockpot because I was worried that there wouldn't be enough liquid. I also used some cabbage in place of the peas. Thanks for sharing!
This was very good. The wonderful aroma when walking in the door after a long day of work was a treat. I left out the tapioca (did not have any) and had to add about two cups of water to it after 5 hours because the liquid was quite low. The meat is so tender and the veggies taste wonderful and were perfectly cooked in 8 hours. Thank for sharing!