Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
A combination of several recipes that I came across, this turned out to be delicious! Of course, my stepson spotted the onions, so I will have to remember to hide them better next time (he doesn't notice if they are diced small enough). We ate this with a loaf of toasted french bread. Yum!
- 2 -3 lbs beef chuck, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup coarse onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 12 baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine all above ingredients into crock pot.
- Cook over low heat 8-10 hours, or until potatoes are done and beef is very tender.
Delicious! I used spicy tomato juice and it gave it a little kick! Definitely saving this recipe for more chilly nights! Thanks!
Great stew! I used a cabernet for the wine and really enjoyed smelling this all day as it cooked away. The meat was so tender that it was falling apart. Thanks ChipotleChick for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.