A combination of several recipes that I came across, this turned out to be delicious! Of course, my stepson spotted the onions, so I will have to remember to hide them better next time (he doesn't notice if they are diced small enough). We ate this with a loaf of toasted french bread. Yum!
- 2 -3 lbs beef chuck, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup coarse onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 12 baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine all above ingredients into crock pot.
- Cook over low heat 8-10 hours, or until potatoes are done and beef is very tender.