Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Ok I confess, I've never made this recipe. In fact I don't even own a crock pot, but I know there are some crock pot lovers out there, so here's another one to try.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef chuck or 2 1⁄2 lbs stew meat, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package beef stew seasoning (McCormick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped (vidalia)
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Gravy Master
- Place meat in crock pot.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over meat and stir to coat meat with flour.
- Mix beef stew seasoning with water and pour over meat.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for about 10 hours.
- Stir thoroughly before serving.
I made this today and we loved it. I also added Potatoes to it. But i would like more liquid so next time i am going to double it.
This was delicious! I tweaked the recipe though. I added a package of onion soup mix instead of beef stew seasoning, replaced the water with a can of beef stock and threw in a few chopped potatoes. I didn't have Gravy Master, so I just added a cornstarch slurry at the end, mixed it into the stew and turned the crock pot to high for 30 minutes to thicken it up. It was great.
We enjoyed this stew very much! I used onion soup seasoning, added 3 large white potatoes, and scaled the recipe to work with 3 lbs of beef. I also used beef stock instead of water. I couldn't find gravy master so I omitted that. I did also coat the beef in flour and browned it first, and then put it in the crock pot, and then deglazed the pan with a little red wine and beef stock and put that into the crock pot as well. I served the stew in bread bowls, and my 6 year old daughter loved it. I think I'll definitely be making this one again.