Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
It's been snowing quite a bit here. My husband has been out shoveling for over 3 hours today. I want to make something for dinner that's warm and comforting, but still relatively healthy. With this stew recipe, I combined ideas from several recipes into one to get exactly what I was looking for. This one's a keeper.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cubed beef stew meat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch thyme
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1 tablespoon cornbread mix (I used Gluten Free)
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup potato flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Brussels sprout (use celery, green beans or any green veggie. I used brussel sprouts because that's what I had and th)
- Saute onions in skillet on medium heat.
- Add beef and saute until browned, just a few minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on low heat for 5 hours.
- Serve with side salad for a complete meal.