Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a modification of the recipe that comes with the crock pot. I usually just throw a bunch of things in and note what worked well. This is basic, by very good.
- 1 lb round steak (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 6 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 6 potatoes (peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 celery ribs (diced)
- 1⁄2 onion (diced)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Put everything except frozen peas and italian seasoning into a large crock pot. Cook on low if you have at least 6 hours until dinner, high if less than that.
- When you have 5 minutes left before dinner, put in the italian seasoning and frozen peas. Stir & serve hot.
- An 8 quart crock pot is best, if your pot is smaller, only make a half batch.
Made half of this, made as written, but I left out the celery sticks, and reclaced with a tablespoon celery seeds. Made for a nice comfort dinner tonight, as it was very flavorful, and enjoyed the seasonings too. Made for ABC tag.