Recipe by Iolanthe
After searching all over the internet for a perfect beef stew recipe, and not finding it, I finally just created my own. It's perfect to come home to on a cold rainy day. True comfort food.
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 2 large celery ribs
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup pre-soaked dried great northern beans
- 1⁄2 lb champignon mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup chicken bouillon
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion until translucent. Add stew meat and saute until brown on all sides.
- Chop celery, carrots and muchrooms into bite size pieces.
- Toss all of the above plus beans and corn into the slow cooker.
- Add spices to taste (there's no amounts because I don't measure and this part really is individual).
- Cook on high for 4 hours, and then turn to low for at least another 2 or as long as you need. Add flour at the last half hour and stir to thicken.