Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is an easy beef stew recipe that can cook for a long time and just keep getting better.
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 lb stewing beef, cut into small pieces
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 -2 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 -4 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, with liquid
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of tomato soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the beef and chopped onion. Cook until meat is no longer pink and onion is translucent.
- Transfer to large crockpot.
- Add in remaining ingredients in order listed.
- Mix up whole crock pot to distribute the soup evenly throughout the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-9 hours.
- You may stir occasionally to keep it all mixed nicely. Serve with hot crusty bread and a salad. If there are leftovers it freezes well.
The sweet potato gave this stew a nice light sweet taste. It was very easy to put together. However, I used frozen peas instead of canned and I added them the last hour of cooking. Thank you for sharing this recipe.